Subject: Re: bug#1158: 23.0.60; vc mode not working under newest Emacs.app

From: "Neo Lee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 10:04:24 +0800

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 9:45 AM, Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> wrote:

> What is the actual bug?
>
>     it says
>
>     'Load vc-git...done' or something like that (no errors), but the mode
>     actually not activated.
>
> I don't understand what this means.
>

It means, when I open any file under source control(say, git), the vc-mode
will be auto-loaded and display some message in mini-buffer like (without
any error message):

> Load vc-git... done.

But the mode actually not working. If I try to use any of the vc-* commands
after that, the message in mini-buffer will be:

No fileset is available here.

Other vc-mode functions are also missing, e.g. the revision displayed on the
bar.

-- 
No, I will not fix your computer!

[email-masked]