Subject: Re: bug#1158: 23.0.60; vc mode not working under newest Emacs.app

From: Neo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 18:37:30 -0700 (PDT)

The following message is a courtesy copy of an article
that has been posted to gnu.emacs.bug as well.

On Oct 15, 9:06 am, Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> wrote:
> reassign 1158 emacs,ns
> tags 1158 unreproducible,moreinfo
>
> "Neo Lee" wrote:
> > In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-apple-darwin9.5.0, *Step 9.0rc3)
>
> This seems to be the last stand-alone release of Emacs.app, rather
> than the newest version, which would come from the Emacs CVS trunk.
>
> The fact that Nick cannot reproduce this indicates it may not be
> present in the CVS trunk.

Just done such steps:

1. Remove all correlated ports from MacPorts (emacs, emacs-app, etc.)
2. Fetch newest Emacs source from cvs.savannah.gnu.org. ("cvs -z3 -
d:pserver:[email-masked]:/sources/emacs co"  Is this
command checking out the trunk branch of newest source?)
3. Build it with default configuration and install the X edition of
Emacs with no errors, ECB brings some issue on customization, but
others runs like a charm, esp. the vc-mode.
4. After 'make distclean', build with --with-ns and install a
Emacs.app, still no errors. But it's a pity that it has the same issue
we talked about (even using -q parameter to start a clean
environment).

I'll let it be for a while :S