Subject: 24.1.50; changes to default Ediff faces

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 10:56:40 -0700

Just wanted to register my displeasure at having to customize the four
basic Ediff faces because you have changed their default attributes.

Just to get back the same Ediff appearance I have in previous Emacs
versions I had to open a previous version and track down those four
faces and their default attributes, then customize each of them in the
latest Emacs 24.
 
And there is not even anything in NEWS about this...
 
Was there any discussion in emacs-devel about whether these defaults
should be changed?  I didn't notice any.  That's where the discussion of
changes to defaults belongs.

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-05-27 on MARVIN
Bzr revision: 108403 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.13.1-1-dev/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8/include/libxml2'