Subject: 24.0.97; doc string of `dired-get-subdir-min'

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 14:37:35 -0700

These parts have nothing to do with this function per se, and should be
removed:
 
 "... If arg is nil, return nil.
  Error if arg is not nil and not a cons cell.  See also `cdr-safe'."
 
This is not the place to teach about cdr - this is misplaced zeal.  Just
say that the function returns the cdr of LIST.  If you want to add
something useful, say what that is, in terms of directories etc.  But do
not teach cdr and cons cells here.
 
See Info node `(elisp)Cons Cells' for a discussion of related basic
Lisp concepts such as cdr, car, cons cell and list.
 
In GNU Emacs 24.0.97.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-05-16 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include'