Subject: 24.0.97; dired-aux.el menu items not there. `C-h w' is wrong.

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 10:09:53 -0700

1. `C-h w' does not tell the truth.
 
emacs -Q
C-x d RET
C-h w dired-do-chown
 
It says:
 dired-do-chown is on O, <menu-bar> <operate> <chown>
 
But it is not on the `Operate' menu at all.  Note that `O' works.  It is
only the menu item that is missing.
 
2. Even after dired-aux is loaded, the menu is not updated to
include `dired-do-chown'.  This is the case whether you use
`C-x v RET' or you open a completely new dired directory.
 
3. The same things are true for `dired-do-chgrp'.  But they are not true
for `dired-do-touch'.  And even after `emacs -Q', when dired-aux has not
been loaded, `dired-do-touch' shows in the menu (as it should, because
it is autoloaded).
 
In sum, `dired-do-touch' and `dired-do-chmod' are correctly in the menu,
but `dired-do-chgrp' and `dired-do-chown' are missing.
 
In GNU Emacs 24.0.97.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-05-16 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include'