Subject: RE: bug#11566: 24.0.97; `read-from-minibuffer': focus to standalone minibuffer frame?

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 12:15:26 -0700

> However, in the interests of clarity, could you please describe the
> bug again, in terms of which frame has focus (i.e. is the "foreground"
> window), which is at the top of Z-order, and which has its border
> highlighted, after read-from-minibuffer is called, as you described in
> your original report?

When `dired-mark-pop-up' calls `dired-pop-to-buffer' (inside a
`save-window-excursion', a new frame is created (to show the *Marked Files*).  

The new frame gets the input focus, and its border is highlighted.  Can't tell
about the stacking order, since my standalone minibuffer frame does not overlap
it.

Then when `dired-mark-pop-up' calls `read-from-minibuffer' immediately
thereafter, the input focus remains where it was, and likewise the border
highlighting.

`read-from-minibuffer' usually gives the minibuffer frame the input focus (and
border highlighting - but I really don't care about that).  But in this case,
i.e., immediately following the new-frame creation, it does not.

HTH.