Subject: bug#11565: delayed init variables don't get documentation properties

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 18:29:54 -0400

Package: emacs
Version: 24.1.50

Current trunk:

emacs -Q
C-h v Info-default-directory-list
  -> Not documented as a variable.

The doc string is in the DOC file though.

I think this is because:

1) it's a preloaded defcustom using custom-initialize-delay

2) custom-initialize-delay keeps variables unbound until they are
initialized. There's a comment about this in the source: "This seemed to
be at least as good as setting it to an arbitrary value like nil".

3) Snarf-documentation (semi-recently; bug#11036) ignores unbound
variables, on the assumption that they are for other platforms (eg
w32-specific).

I guess either we undo 3), or change 2) so that it sets the variable to
nil. The latter seems ok to me ...?