Subject: bug#11564: closed (Re: bug#11564: "Broken pipe" when compiling from git)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 04:23:02 +0000

Your bug report

#11564: "Broken pipe" when compiling from git

which was filed against the guile package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
11564: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=11564
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#11564: "Broken pipe" when compiling from git
From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 00:18:59 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Mark Skilbeck <[email-masked]> writes:
> Hi, all. I've encountered an issue when compiling from the git
> repo. The relevant output from make follows:
[Guile crashed on its first execution while trying to build docs]

I've spoken with Mark on irc and determined that this was due to
building stable-2.0 within a working directory that had previously built
master and not been cleaned properly before rebuilding.  He has now
built stable-2.0 successfully, so I'm closing this bug.

     Mark

Subject: "Broken pipe" when compiling from git
From: Mark Skilbeck <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 22:04:10 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi, all. I've encountered an issue when compiling from the git
repo. The relevant output from make follows:

SNARF  socket.doc
  SNARF  regex-posix.doc
  GEN    guile-procedures.texi
/bin/bash: line 1: 26)22 Broken pipe             cat alist.doc
arbiters.doc array-handle.doc array-map.doc arrays.doc async.doc
backtrace.doc boolean.doc bitvectors.doc bytevectors.doc chars.doc
control.doc continuations.doc debug.doc deprecated.doc deprecation.doc
dynl.doc dynwind.doc eq.doc error.doc eval.doc evalext.doc expand.doc
extensions.doc feature.doc filesys.doc fluids.doc foreign.doc
fports.doc gc-malloc.doc gc.doc gettext.doc generalized-arrays.doc
generalized-vectors.doc goops.doc gsubr.doc guardians.doc hash.doc
hashtab.doc hooks.doc i18n.doc init.doc ioext.doc keywords.doc
list.doc load.doc macros.doc mallocs.doc memoize.doc modules.doc
numbers.doc objprop.doc options.doc pairs.doc ports.doc print.doc
procprop.doc procs.doc promises.doc r6rs-ports.doc random.doc
rdelim.doc read.doc root.doc rw.doc scmsigs.doc script.doc simpos.doc
smob.doc sort.doc srcprop.doc srfi-1.doc srfi-4.doc srfi-13.doc
srfi-14.doc srfi-6).doc stackchk.doc stacks.doc stime.doc strings.doc
strorder.doc strports.doc struct.doc symbols.doc threads.doc throw.doc
trees.doc uniform.doc values.doc variable.doc vectors.doc version.doc
vports.doc weak-set.doc weak-table.doc weak-vector.doc dynl.doc
posix.doc net_db.doc socket.doc regex-posix.doc
26)23 Segmentation fault      | GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=0 
../meta/uninstalled-env guild snarf-check-and-output-texi > guile-procedures.texi

     26)23 Segmentation fault      | GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=)
     ../meta/uninstalled-env guild snarf-check-and-output-texi > guile-procedures.texi
make[3]: *** [guile-procedures.texi] Error 1

Can anybody shed some light on this?

Cheers.

P.S. Please include my email in the reply addresses as I'm not
subscribed to the list.

-- 
- mgsk.

if all you young men / were fish in the water 
how many young girls / would undress and dive after