Subject: bug#11564: "Broken pipe" when compiling from git

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 09:42:45 -0400

Thien-Thi Nguyen <[email-masked]> writes:
>    [crash] was due to building stable-2.0 within a working
>    directory that had previously built master and not been cleaned
>    properly before rebuilding.
>
> What does "cleaned properly" mean?

All I know is that he built and installed the master branch, and then
checked out the stable-2.0 branch and rebuilt, and this later build
created a Guile that crashed.  He doesn't remember what cleaning (if
any) he did between those two builds.  However, when he later did a "git
clean -dxf" and rebuilt, that fixed the problem.

> Can that be codified in the
> makefiles?  Even better would be to codify the actions required
> for rebuilding that altogether avoid having to clean at all.

I agree that this would be ideal.  If someone wants to work on this, I'd
suggest following the steps I outlined above, and trying to reproduce
the problem.

     Best,
      Mark