Subject: bug#11559: cksum needs to be line buffered on lines of md5sum

From: Anoop Sharma <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 00:53:34 +0530

Hi,

md5sum was made line buffered sometime back. However, cksum was left out of
that patch.

I tried running the following test on my machine for cksum, on the lines of
test for md5sum, given in bug archives at:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-coreutils/2009-10/msg00190.html. The
test failed.

Shouldn't cksum too be made line buffered?

anoop@Aspire:~$ find / -type f 2>/dev/null | xargs -P2 -n 50 cksum
2>/dev/null | sed -n '/^[0-9]\{1,\} [0-9]\{1,\}/!p'
decs/snd-soc-da7210.ko
24-generic/kernel/drivers/staging/comedi/drivers/pcm3724.ko
/modules/3.2.0-24-generic/kernel/drivers/staging/comedi/drivers/pcmad.ko
a/video/gspca/gspca_spca1528.ko
el/drivers/staging/comedi/drivers/c6xdigio.ko
/dvb-usb-gl861.ko
nel/drivers/media/common/tuners/tda18271.ko
vers/media/rc/ite-cir.ko
^C
anoop@Aspire:~$ ^C

Thanks,
Anoop