Subject: bug#11554: closed (Re: bug#11554: 24.0.97; nxml-auto-insert-xml-declaration-flag + zipped xml files)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 04:30:04 +0000

Your bug report

#11554: 24.0.97; nxml-auto-insert-xml-declaration-flag + zipped xml files

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
11554: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=11554
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#11554: 24.0.97; nxml-auto-insert-xml-declaration-flag + zipped xml files
From: Jambunathan K <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 09:59:26 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

OP here.  Closing it.

Subject: 24.0.97; nxml-auto-insert-xml-declaration-flag + zipped xml files
From: Jambunathan K <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 00:46:57 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

1. (setq nxml-auto-insert-xml-declaration-flag t)
2. Visit the attached test.zip

      M Filemode      Length  Date         Time      File
      - ----------  --------  -----------  --------  ----------
        drwx------         0  25-May-2012  00:29:06  test/
        -rwx------        40  25-May-2012  00:29:06  test/a.xml
      - ----------  --------  -----------  --------  ----------
                    40                         2 files
3. Visit a.xml.  Note the multiple XML declarations.

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

   The original file has just a single XML declaration.  The second
   declaration is the gratuitous declaration added due to (1).

   Why is nxml mode tampering with an existing XML file?

4. The problem surfaces with XML files in a ZIP archive (for example ODT
   files) and not with standalone XML files.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.97.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-05-17 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include'