Subject: Re: 24.0.96-mac-2.92; Strange speed problem scrolling in C++ code

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2019 12:08:47 +0100

Hi Alan,

Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Just to follow up on this bug, which has seen no update in the last 7
>> years.  Has it been fixed by now?
>
> "Fixed" doesn't seem the right term, really.  There have been several
> improvemnts in the scrolling speed over the years (the latest less than
> an hour ago ;-).  When I scroll through a typical ~700k C++ buffer, I now
> experience mild sluggishness, a C-v taking a small fraction of a second,
> but longer than instantaneous.  This is perhaps less than ideal on a
> slowish machine (which mine is not), but there's a tradeoff between rapid
> fontification and correct fontification.
>
> I think this bug should now be closed.

Thanks for that explanation.  I'm consequently closing the bug.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas