Subject: Subject: 24.1.50; ediff-buffers command window does not work properly

From: Munawar Cheema <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 21:54:40 +0100

--text follows this line--
 start emacs -Q, load in two files let's say .bashrc from two locations,
M-x ediff-buffers, now the little pop up window comes up, type ? and the
window does some bizarre moves and shrinks to almost nothing,

This bug report will be sent to the Bug-GNU-Emacs mailing list, and the GNU
bug tracker at debbugs.gnu.org.  Please check that, the From: line contains
a valid email address.  After a delay of up, to one day, you should receive
an acknowledgement at that address., Please write in English if possible,
as the Emacs maintainers, usually do not have translators for other
languages., Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug, and,
the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give a recipe, starting from
`emacs -Q':, If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb
debugger, please include the output from the following gdb commands:, `bt
full' and `xbacktrace'., For information about debugging Emacs, please read
the file, /usr/share/emacs/24.1.50/etc/DEBUG., In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1
(x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.1), of 2012-05-10 on rhenium,
modified by Debian, (emacs-snapshot package, version
2:20120510-1~ppa1~precise1), Windowing system distributor `The X.Org
Foundation', version 11.0.11103000, Configured using:, `configure '--build'
'x86_64-linux-gnu' '--host' 'x86_64-linux-gnu', '--prefix=/usr'
'--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib', '--localstatedir=/var'
'--infodir=/usr/share/info', '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes',
'--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.1.50/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.1.50/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp',
'--without-compress-info' '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/',
'--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-imagemagick=yes',
'build_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu',
'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000 -g -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-g,
-Wl,--as-needed -znocombreloc' 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2'', Important
settings:, value of $LC_ALL: nil, value of $LC_COLLATE: nil, value of
$LC_CTYPE: nil, value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil, value of $LC_MONETARY: nil,
value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil, value of $LC_TIME: nil, value of $LANG:
en_GB.UTF-8, value of $XMODIFIERS: nil, locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix,
default enable-multibyte-characters: t, Major mode: Shell-script, Minor
modes in effect:, tooltip-mode: t, mouse-wheel-mode: t, tool-bar-mode: t,
menu-bar-mode: t, file-name-shadow-mode: t, global-font-lock-mode: t,
font-lock-mode: t, blink-cursor-mode: t, auto-composition-mode: t,
auto-encryption-mode: t, auto-compression-mode: t, line-number-mode: t,
transient-mark-mode: t, Recent input:, C-x C-f . b a s h r <tab> <return>
C-x 2 C-x C-f D, R <tab> <backspace> r <tab> H o <tab> <tab> O <tab>, . b a
s h <tab> <return> M-x e d i f f - b u f f e, r <tab> <return> <return>
<return> ? <switch-frame>, <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <help-echo>
<help-echo>, <help-echo> <switch-frame> q <help-echo> <switch-frame>,
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> y <help-echo> <help-echo>, <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>, <help-echo> <help-echo>
<menu-bar> <help-menu> <se, nd-emacs-bug-report>, Recent messages:, Making
completion list..., Setting up indent for shell type bash, setting up
indent stuff, Indentation variables are now local., Indentation setup for
shell type bash, Computing differences between .bashrc and .bashrc2733Gs_
..., Buffer A: Processing difference region 0 of 1, Buffer B: Processing
difference region 0 of 1, Processing difference regions ... done, Quit this
Ediff session? (y or n)  y, Load-path shadows: