Subject: bug#11542: 24.0.97; doc string of `save-current-buffer'

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 11:29:26 -0700

The doc string, like the description in the Elisp manual, should speak
not in terms of saving the buffer but in terms of saving the indentity
of the current buffer.  Since even that is a bit ambiguous, it is even
better to speak in terms of remembering which buffer is current.
 
This is important because the Emacs doc speaks elsewhere of "saving" a
buffer as saving the buffer's contents to a file.  We should avoid using
"saving" for anything else when it comes to buffers.
 
So I would suggest something like this for the doc string:
 
"Execute BODY then return to the buffer that was current at the outset."

In GNU Emacs 24.0.97.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-05-16 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include'