Subject: bug#11541: 24.0.97; Crash when visiting file on OS X 10.7.3

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 12:21:53 +0300

> From: Florian Ebeling <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 10:55:06 +0200
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> > One possibility is that trying to pass empty objects to NS APIs causes
> > the crash.  Since the test program didn't yield empty objects, one
> > possible approach is to try to understand what is the difference
> > between the test program and ns_findfonts.
> 
> We tried that with the minimal program by Mitsuharu and I did it with
> an almost empty Cocoa application.
> 
> In both cases, the result was a large collection of all (?) fonts on
> the system. That is a plausible result as well for the system to
> yield.

But both cases yield different results that in Emacs, right?  So I
suggest to find out what is the difference between Emacs and these
test programs, by stepping through the Emacs functions invoked by
ns_findfonts, and seeing what happens there that causes empty objects
to be returned.