Subject: bug#11523: 24.0.97; doc string too wide: `transient-mark-mode'

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 15:20:09 -0700

With t-m mode turned on by default, every `C-h m' shows it, and its
extra-wide line stands out (and interferes with fitting a frame to the
buffer text).
 
Here is the offender:
 
"Many commands change their behavior when Transient Mark mode is in effect
 and the mark is active, by acting on the region instead of their usual
 default part of the buffer's text.  Examples of such commands include
 M-;, M-x flush-lines, M-x keep-lines, M-x query-replace, C-M-%, M-x ispell, and
C-x u.
 Invoke C-h d and type "transient" or
 "mark.*active" at the prompt, to see the documentation of
 commands which are sensitive to the Transient Mark mode."
 
Not to mention that the sentence is incorrect.  `M-;', `C-M-%', and `C-x
u' are key sequences, not commands.  And the others (`M-x ...') are not
commands either.
 
And then there's the line that follows the long one, which is too short:
 
"Invoke C-h d and type "transient" or"

In GNU Emacs 24.0.97.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-05-16 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include'