Subject: bug#11519: "Wrong type argument: characterp" building custom-deps while boostrapping

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 21:00:37 +0200

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 7:27 PM, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> If you started looking, I think you can stop.  It's a %$#@!
> heisenbug.

I didn't start, I was far from home today.

> If you say that this started happening only lately, perhaps bisecting
> might give some insights.

The bug disappears if you revert this change:

revno: 108157
committer: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
branch nick: trunk
timestamp: Mon 2012-05-07 21:50:17 -0400
message:
  Remove no-byte-compile setting from some lisp/language files.

  Same comments as per r108075, 2012-04-30, for lisp/term:

    Not that compiling these will bring any noticeable speed benefit, but
    there's really no reason not to compile them.  The extra disk space
    and build time is negligible, and it might reveal use of obsolete
    functions, bugs, etc.

    Juanma