Subject: bug#11513: 24.1.50; raise-frame never raise the foreground window on Windows

From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 18:01:41 +0200

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 8:04 AM, Kazuhiro Ito <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> > raise-frame always make the unexpected result when Emacs frame is
>> > the foreground window (I mean Emacs frame is colored as active window)
>> > and behind of other application window(s).  And, as I described
>> > previously, If Emacs frame is not the foreground window raise-frame
>> > correctly works.
>>
>> But the default behavior on Windows is that a window that is lowered
>> loses its focus.  You need to click into it to get focus there.  So
>> how come a lowered window still has focus for you?
>
> When I run lower-frame function in Emacs frame interactively, Emacs
> frame is brought behind of other application window(s) but has focus.
> Key inputs are passed to lowered frame.  I tested 4 Windows PC, and
> all PCs show the same behavior.

The same happens for me. On the other hand the doc string for
lower-frame does not say that the frame should loose focus.