Subject: Re: bug#1151: Building Emacs on Mac OS 10.3.9

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 11:41:39 +0900

>>>>> On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 22:27:41 +0200, Alex <[email-masked]> said:

> I also tried to build Emacs 22.3 on this iBook a while ago and it
> ended with the following error: ld:
> /usr/lib/gcc/darwin/3.3/libgcc.a(_fixunssfdi.o) illegal reference to
> symbol: ___cmpdi2 defined in indirectly referenced dynamic library
> /usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib

Do some workarounds mentioned in etc/PROBLEMS work?

*** Mac OS X 10.3.9 (Carbon): QuickTime updater breaks build.

Some QuickTime updaters such as 7.0.4 and 7.2.0 are known to break
build at the link stage with the message like "Undefined symbols:
_HICopyAccessibilityActionDescription referenced from QuickTime
expected to be defined in Carbon".  A workaround is to use a QuickTime
reinstaller.  Alternatively, you can link with the frameworks in the
corresponding SDK by specifying LDFLAGS as
"-Wl,-F/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.3.0.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks".

				     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
				[email-masked]