Subject: bug#11505: 24.1.50; error when declaring coding on new snippet of yasnipet

From: "Denis J. Navas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 21:48:51 -0600

*** E-Mail body has been placed on clipboard, please paste it here! ***

I created a new snippet for "en dash".  I wrote with utf-8 encoding.
YASnippet asked for the encoding and somehow I got a list of encodings.
I searched for utf-8-dos, and when wanted to apply it pointing to it
with the mouse, Emacs freezed.

I must add that I have applied ErgoEmacs 1.9.3.2 customizations.

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2012-05-14 on MARVIN
ErgoEmacs distribution 1.9.3.1
Bzr revision: 108224 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
  `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.13.1-1-dev/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8/include/libxml2'

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: ESI
   value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
   locale-coding-system: cp1252
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
   recentf-mode: t
   iswitchb-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   desktop-save-mode: t
   savehist-mode: t
   global-subword-mode: t
   tabbar-mwheel-mode: t
   tabbar-mode: t
   keyfreq-autosave-mode: t
   keyfreq-mode: t
   global-auto-complete-mode: t
   yas/global-mode: t
   xmsi-mode: t
   ergoemacs-mode: t
   cua-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   global-visual-line-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu>
<send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
Loading init_keybinding...done
Loading init_mouse...done
Loading init_clean_menus...done
Loading c:/Documents and Settings/Denis/.emacs.d/.recentf...done
Cleaning up the recentf list...done (0 removed)
Loading c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/site-lisp/../ergoemacs/init...done
Desktop: File "c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/packages/yasnippet-0.6.1c/snippets/text-mode/en_dash.yasnippet" 
no longer exists.
File mode specification error: (invalid-regexp "Unmatched ( or \\(")
Desktop: 3 buffers restored, 1 failed to restore.
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
c:/Documents and Settings/Denis/.emacs.d/elpa/undo-tree-0.3.3/undo-tree 
hides c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/ergoemacs/../packages/undo-tree
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/ergoemacs/../packages/python hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/progmodes/python
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/vc
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc-svn hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/vc-svn
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc-sccs hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/vc-sccs
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc-rcs hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/vc-rcs
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc-mtn hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/vc-mtn
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc-hooks hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/vc-hooks
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc-hg hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/vc-hg
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc-git hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/vc-git
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc-dispatcher hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/vc-dispatcher
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc-dir hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/vc-dir
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc-dav hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/vc-dav
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc-cvs hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/vc-cvs
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc-bzr hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/vc-bzr
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc-arch hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/vc-arch
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc-annotate hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/vc-annotate
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/smerge-mode hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/smerge-mode
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/pcvs hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/pcvs
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/pcvs-util hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/pcvs-util
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/pcvs-parse hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/pcvs-parse
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/pcvs-info hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/pcvs-info
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/pcvs-defs hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/pcvs-defs
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/log-view hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/log-view
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/log-edit hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/log-edit
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/emerge hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/emerge
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/ediff hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/ediff
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/ediff-wind hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/ediff-wind
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/ediff-vers hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/ediff-vers
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/ediff-util hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/ediff-util
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/ediff-ptch hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/ediff-ptch
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/ediff-mult hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/ediff-mult
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/ediff-merg hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/ediff-merg
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/ediff-init hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/ediff-init
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/ediff-hook hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/ediff-hook
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/ediff-help hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/ediff-help
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/ediff-diff hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/ediff-diff
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/diff hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/diff
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/diff-mode hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/diff-mode
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/cvs-status hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/cvs-status
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/compare-w hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/compare-w
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/add-log hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/vc/add-log
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/sregex hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/obsolete/sregex
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/textmodes/spell hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/obsolete/spell
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/s-region hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/obsolete/s-region
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/pgg hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/obsolete/pgg
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/pgg-pgp5 hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/obsolete/pgg-pgp5
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/pgg-pgp hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/obsolete/pgg-pgp
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/pgg-parse hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/obsolete/pgg-parse
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/pgg-gpg hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/obsolete/pgg-gpg
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/pgg-def hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/obsolete/pgg-def
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/emulation/pc-select hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/obsolete/pc-select
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/emulation/pc-mode hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/obsolete/pc-mode
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/patcomp hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/obsolete/patcomp
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/mouse-sel hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/obsolete/mouse-sel
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/mail/mailpost hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/obsolete/mailpost
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/lmenu hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/obsolete/lmenu
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/erc/erc-hecomplete hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/obsolete/erc-hecomplete
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/complete hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/obsolete/complete
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/cl-compat hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/obsolete/cl-compat
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/play/bruce hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/obsolete/bruce
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/assoc hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/obsolete/assoc
c:/Program Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/abbrevlist hides c:/Program 
Files/ErgoEmacs/lisp/obsolete/abbrevlist

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils undo-tree-autoloads package light-blue-theme
server recentf tree-widget wid-edit iswitchb paren desktop saveplace
savehist subword tabbar easy-mmode keyfreq highlight-symbol hi-lock
thingatpt dired+ ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-mult ediff-help
ediff-init ediff-util dired-aux bookmark+ dired-x dired bookmark+-1
bookmark+-bmu help-mode view bookmark+-lit bookmark+-mac bookmark pp
auto-complete-config auto-complete popup yasnippet assoc cl rw-hunspell
easymenu ispell xmsi-math-symbols-input scala-mode-auto erlang-flymake
flymake compile comint ansi-color ring erlang-start ergoemacs-mode
cua-base edmacro kmacro byte-opt warnings bytecomp byte-compile cconv
macroexp advice help-fns advice-preload delsel redo time-date tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 disp-table ls-lisp
w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer button faces cus-face files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
multi-tty emacs)