Subject: bug#11501: closed (Re: bug#11501: Emacs 24.0.97 Pretest Windows Binaries + Win7 x64: create new file dialog does not work.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 21:35:01 +0000

Your bug report

#11501: Emacs 24.0.97 Pretest Windows Binaries + Win7 x64: create new file dialog does not work.

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
11501: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=11501
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#11501: Emacs 24.0.97 Pretest Windows Binaries + Win7 x64: create new file dialog does not work.
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Miguel Ruiz <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 23:34:12 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> I note that this was reported in 2012, which is now 7 years ago.  Are
> you still seeing this bug on a modern version of Emacs, for example
> the latest version 26.2?
>
> I also note that at least three other people tried different Windows
> versions without being able to reproduce this problem.

More information was requested, but none was given within 5 weeks, so
I'm closing this bug as unreproducible.  If you're still seeing this,
please reopen the bug report.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas

Subject: Emacs 24.0.97 Pretest Windows Binaries + Win7 x64: create new file dialog does not work.
From: Miguel Ruiz <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 16:41:37 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Every Emacs pretest windows binary since 24.0.92 shows the same
behaviour: after runemacs -Q, if you go with mouse to  'menu-bar file
new-file' or 'tool-bar new-file', a graphical file selector dialog
opens, with some icons in complete black, and when you enter a new
file name, click OK (Open, actually), nothing happens.

Also, I experiment the same behaviour with official Emacs 23.4, but
not in Emacs 23.3.

Both series, 23.4 and 24.0.x, works perfectly in Windows XP and Windows 7 x86

But the binary from
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ntemacs/ntemacs24-bin-20110402.7z?download
(version 24.0.50.1) WORKS PERFECTLY. The report-emacs-bug info for
this working version is the following:

(Windows 7 x64 Home Premium)

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7600)
 of 2011-04-02 on YAMALOK
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.5) --cflags  -m32 -O2 -g0
-march=prescott -mtune=prescott -pipe -IC:/gnuwin32/emacs/include
-IC:/gnuwin32/emacs/lib -IC:/gnuwin32/src --ldflags  -s '

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: ESN
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

May I get a complete working binary of Emacs 24 for W7 x64?

Please, feel free to demand further information.