Subject: bug#1150: 23.0.60; Ibuffer's menubar menu should be named Ibuffer, not View

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 09:54:28 -0700

emacs -Q
M-x ibuffer
 
The menubar menu `View' should be named `Ibuffer'. It is all about and
only about Ibuffer. It is not about viewing in general, and it is by
no means only about viewing. The last menu item is (rightfully)
`Customize Ibuffer', not `Customize View' or `Customize Viewing'.
 
This is about Ibuffer, and only Ibuffer. Someone looking for a menu
about Ibuffer will not look for `View', and someone looking for a menu
about displaying or viewing will not expect to find only stuff about
Ibuffer.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2008-10-03 on LENNART-69DE564
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --no-opt --cflags -Ic:/g/include
-fno-crossjumping'