Subject: bug#1150: 23.0.60; Ibuffer's menubar menu should be named Ibuffer, not View

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 19:00:37 +0200

"Drew Adams" <[email-masked]> writes:

> However, the `View' menu is still inappropriately named - it includes things
> that have nothing to do with viewing (`Diff with file', `Toggle Auto Mode',
> `Customize Ibuffer', `Filter', `Filter Groups'). It seems to be a catch-all - an
> `Ibuffer' menu for things that don't fit in `Operate' or `Mark'. And menu
> `Operate' includes some viewing menu items. 
>
> I don't have a better name in mind than `View'. Instead, I'd suggest perhaps
> reorganizing the menus. The organization of the Dired menus is superior and
> might serve as a partial model.

Yes, the organisation doesn't seem ideal.  I think the "diff" should go
to "Operate", at least.  I don't mind the filter things in the "View"
menu -- they do alter what you're viewing...

Customize/toggle don't seem to belong in any of the existing menus.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no