Subject: bug#11497: 24.1.50; No line number for last line in linum-mode

From: Christoph Scholtes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 19:50:31 -0600

emacs -Q
M-x linum-mode

The line numbers end at 4 although the point is on line 5. Pressing
the return key point moves one line down and line numbers 1-5 are shown,
but not number 6 and so on. The modeline shows the point to be in L6.

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2012-05-16 on MARVIN
Bzr revision: 108249 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.13.1-1-dev/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8/include/libxml2'