Subject: bug#11496: 24.1.50; Line numbers are not redrawn correctly in linum-mode

From: Christoph Scholtes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 19:45:30 -0600

Start with emacs -Q.
Don't maximize frame.
Open a file that has more lines than the current frame.
M-x linum-mode
Maximize frame.
Line numbers are only drawn where the original, visible frame boundary
was.
Press down arrow key.
Line numbers are redrawn for the entire frame.

The same thing happens when narrowing on a function and then widen
again.  Only the narrowed piece has the new line numbers until the next
explicit redraw.

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2012-05-16 on MARVIN
Bzr revision: 108249 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.13.1-1-dev/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8/include/libxml2'