Subject: bug#11472: Message src/fmt.c:285 marked as c-formatted string erroneously

From: Petr Pisar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 21:27:42 +0200

Hello,

coreutils-8.17 contains this message:

#: src/fmt.c:285
#, c-format
msgid ""
"  -t, --tagged-paragraph    indentation of first line different from
second\n"
"  -u, --uniform-spacing     one space between words, two after sentences\n"
"  -w, --width=WIDTH         maximum line width (default of 75 columns)\n"
"  -g, --goal=WIDTH          goal width (default of 93% of width)\n"

The message is detected by xgettext as C formatted string because of the
percentage character.

The problem is such string does not pass through msgfmt tool while compiling
the catalog because the '% ' is not a valid printf sequence.

Solution is to suppress the auto-detection by adding /*xgettext:no-c-format*/
before the fputs() line in the source code.

-- Petr