Subject: Re: bug#11464: 24.1.50; pos-visible-in-window-p returns a false positive with bidi text

From: Ari Roponen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 11:03:52 +0300

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>
> It's 270, yes.  But the rest is correct: if visible_p is set  in this
> case, it will never be reset with the current code.  My original code
> used
>
>       if (bottom_y >= it.last_visible_y
>
> which would have caught this case.
>
> Ari, can you please describe again what happens in this particular
> case on your machine, step by step, when you step with a debugger
> through the relevant fragment?

I sent this reply tonight:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2012-05/msg00476.html

The summary is that the case you are wondering about didn't have the bug
at all.

I tried to reproduce the bug in all three cases with emacs-24 revision
107933. The first case "emacs -Q" had the bug; "emacs -nw" had the bug;
"emacs -fn fixed" didn't have the bug.

Then I updated to revision 107934 (your patch). That fixed the "emacs
-nw" case. My tweak fixed the "emacs -Q" case.

-- 
Ari Roponen