Subject: Re: bug#11463: 24.1.50; vc-dir buffer is not updated correctly after commit

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2019 19:33:43 +0100

Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hey Christoph,
>
> Is this still a problem?
>
> Christoph Scholtes <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Point vc-dir to a directory with changed files in the directory itself
>> and in one or more subdirectories. Invoke vc-next-action to commit all
>> files. Files show up-to-date after that. Press g to refresh the buffer
>> and all files disappear, but any subdirectory that contained files that
>> were committed is till present in the list. The directories should be
>> removed from the list unless there are still changes present in them.
>
> I don't know since when, but with the Git backend at least, the files
> you've just committed changes in, stay in the list as 'up-to-date', and
> pressing 'g' does not remove them.
>
> You can press `x', however, to remove all up-to-date and ignored files,
> as well as "empty" directories, from the VC-Dir buffer.
>
> Would you say it's good enough?

More information was requested, but none was given within 2.5 years, so
I'm closing this bug.  If this is still an issue, please reopen the bug
report.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas