Subject: bug#11460: 24.1.50; doc string of `assert'

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 18:42:50 -0800 (PST)

> > FWIW, this part of `cl-assert' is not only poorly documented, but
> > it's poorly designed.  And it doesn't have the excuse that it's
> > inherited from Common Lisp.
> > So I'd rather not document that mis-feature in any more detail.
> 
> Ok; closing.

That is a cop-out.  What has been uncovered is that instead of
a minor, doc bug, there is a major bug.

If you close this as being only the doc part, then you really
should open a new bug for the whole problem: design, implementation,
and doc.

C'mon folks.  It is not just about closing bugs.  It is about
recording problems that need fixing.  And hopefully, one day,
fixing them.

It is quite distressing to see the reaction of "Ok; closing",
if that is to be the only response.  A bug should be recorded
for this major problem, and left open until it is fixed.