Subject: bug#11456: the guile-2.1.0.310-b8bc is worse to be compiled

From: Andy Wingo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 11:06:34 +0200

Hi,

On Fri 06 Jul 2012 07:31, gnuemacser <[email-masked]> writes:

>   CC     libguile_2.2_la-deprecation.lo
> ../../libguile/deprecation.c:40:0: warning: "vsnprintf" redefined
> [enabled by default]
> ../lib/stdio.h:1605:0: note: this is the location of the previous
> definition

Fixed, thanks!

>   CC     libguile_2.2_la-expand.lo
> ../../libguile/expand.c:52:0: warning: "VOID" redefined [enabled by
> defau lt]
> d:\dev\mingw\include/winnt.h:75:0: note: this is the location of the
> previous definition
> ../../libguile/expand.c:54:0: warning: "CONST" redefined [enabled by
> default]
> d:\dev\mingw\include/windef.h:39:0: note: this is the location of the
> previous definition

These are irritating, but OK, I fixed them.

>   CC     libguile_2.2_la-filesys.lo
> ../../libguile/filesys.c:106:0: warning: "mkdir" redefined [enabled by
> default]
> ../lib/sys/stat.h:813:0: note: this is the location of the previous
> definition

Fixed, thanks.

> ../../libguile/filesys.c: In function 'scm_chmod':
> ../../libguile/filesys.c:1339:7: warning: variable 'fdes' set but not
> used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]

Fixed, thanks.

>   CC     libguile_2.2_la-finalizers.lo
> ../../libguile/finalizers.c: In function 'start_finalization_thread':
> ../../libguile/finalizers.c:259:7: error: wrong type argument to unary
> exclamation mark

Ah.  You seem to have downloaded a 2.2 snapshot.  I'm sorry for the
confusion.  The tarball still has a version number of 2.2 because we
need to manually retag the branch after doing a merge from 2.0, and I
forgot to do it.

Please try a snapshot from http://hydra.nixos.org/jobset/gnu/guile-2-0.
Find the latest build from the "tarball" product.

> it looks like even the "--without-threads" argument doesn't work now. 

I'll take a look on the 2.2 branch to see what's up.  Thanks for the
report!

Andy
-- 
http://wingolog.org/