Subject: Re: bug#11447: 24.1.50; notifications-notify eats keystrokes

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 09:14:24 -0400

>> (let ((seen ()))
>> (unwind-protect
>> (let ((event (read-event)))
>> (when (and event (not (ignore-errors (dbus-check-event event))))
>> (push event seen)))
>> (setq unread-command-events
>> (append unread-command-events (nreverse seen)))))

> Unfortunately, it doesn't work either. When unread-command-events is
> non-nil, read-event takes the events from there instead of reading them
> from the input streams.

You mean, if unread-command-events is already non-nil when entering
the loop?  Yes, I guess it's a problem.

> This happens after the first time a character has been read in the
> loop,

That shouldn't be the case unless *you* put that char (well, event) on
unread-command-events.

> I've committed my original patch (minus the read-event timeout). Bug is
> closed.

OK, thank you,

        Stefan