Subject: bug#11430: 24.0.96; Customizing `inverse-video' has no effect on session

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 09:38:36 -0700

emacs -Q
M-x customize-variable inverse-video
Toggle the value to choose inverse video.  Set for current session.
 
It has no effect, either on existing frames or on new ones.

But doing this has the desired effect:
M-x customize-face default
Turn on attribute `inverse-video'.  Set for current session.

Setting user option `inverse-video' should have the same effect: it
should affect the current session.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.96.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-04-28 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include'