Subject: 24.1; Gnus does not show anything when libxml2 is not found

From: Christoph Scholtes <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2012 08:01:12 -0600

Emacs 24.1.50, bzr revno 108131 on Windows 7.

I have compiled Emacs with libxml support, but the libxml2 library is
not anywhere where Emacs can find it.  When I pull up an HTML message
the article buffer is blank (does not contain anything, except the mail
header, I think) and the mini buffer says "libxml2 not found".

If libxml2 is not found I think gnus should fall back to the same
behavior as if libxml support was not compiled in and show the raw HTML 
markup.

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
  of 2012-05-05 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
  `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.13.1-1-dev/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8/include/libxml2'