Subject: Problem while compiling emacs-24.0.96 using MinGW on Win7

From: Du Yanning <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 15:34:03 +0800

Open a Command Prompt window, then

f:\> cd emacs-24.0.96/nt
f:\build-emacs\emacs-24.0.96\
nt> configure.bat --no-debug --cflags -ID:/gnuwin32/include --cflags
-IC:/gnuwin32/src/lib --without-png
f:\build-emacs\emacs-24.0.96\nt> make

After a while, it stopped. The last few lines of the output said:

     cmd /c "fc /b gl-tmp globals.h >nul 2>&1 || cp -f gl-tmp globals.h"
     Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
     Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
     f:\build-emacs\emacs-24.0.96\src>

It seems that cmd /c did not quit and the current directory has been
changed from nt to src.
If you press Ctrl+C now, you will get:

f:\build-emacs\emacs-24.0.96\src>make[1]: *** [gl-stamp] Interrupt
make: *** [all-other-dirs-gmake] Interrupt
F:\build-emacs\emacs-24.0.96-mingw\nt>

I found that in src/makefile.w32-in of emacs-24.0.96, there is a line that
emacs 23 does NOT have:
cmd /c "fc /b gl-tmp globals.h >nul 2>&1 || $(CP) gl-tmp globals.h"

How can I cope with this problem?

Thank you all.