Subject: Re: bug#11396: 24.1.50; ansi-term issues after full "page" of display

From: Antoine Levitt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 10:19:16 +0200

02/05/12 23:00, Brian Zwahr
> When using ansi-term, after I have reached a full "page" or buffer of
> display, meaning once the output starts scrolling of the top of the
> screen, a couple of issues occur.
>
> First, sometimes (most of the time, but not all), the cursor will be at
> the beginning of the line where the prompt is, as opposed to at the end
> of the line (after the prompt, where it should be).
>
> Second, every character I type causes the text in the buffer to "jump",
> as if a new line is placed at the bottom of the buffer, then taken away
> immediately. I can't think of a better way to describe it.
>
> This happens every time I use ansi-term. I can sort of work around it be
> clearing the screen with Ctrl-L, either before or after the issue
> occurs. However, this only "fixes" the issue until I have used the
> terminal enough to go through a page full of output again.

Hi,

Just to say I also have issues with scrolling in ansi-term, although it
doesn't happen everytime. The issue I have is that sometimes (not
always) when the screen is full, typing a long line will "wrap" it and
then weird stuff starts to happen. Sorry I can't be more precise, but
the symptoms are hard to describe, and I can't reproduce it
reliably. Sorry if they are two separate bugs, but I thought I should
mention my problems just in case.

I have word-wrap to t, my prompt (using ipython) is "$ " and I use (setq
term-prompt-regexp "^\\$ *"). What about you?

Also, can you reproduce your issue from emacs -Q ?