Subject: bug#11395: 24.0.96; Sporadic crashing

From: Jan Djärv <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 18:17:13 +0200

Hello.

15 maj 2012 kl. 17:17 skrev Chong Yidong:

> Richard Stanton <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> 1) When run this way, where does Emacs look by default for my own .el
>> files? Normally I put them under
>> /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/site-lisp, which Emacs
>> under OS X searches (along with all subdirectories) automatically.
> 
> It should not make any difference.
> 
>> 2) When I type a key in the resulting Emacs window, the character I
>> just typed appears in the shell window, not the Emacs window. How do I
>> get around that?
> 
> I have no idea what this means; I haven't heard of such a problem
> before.  Maybe someone else who has used Emacs on Mac OS X can help.
> 
> 

You should cd to src and then start gdb like this:

% gdb ../nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs

not use the emacs that is in src.

Emacs can't find its resources otherwise, and isn't properly initialized.

	Jan D.