Subject: bug#11395: 24.0.96; Sporadic crashing

From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2012 12:17:23 +0800

Richard Stanton <[email-masked]> writes:

> I've just been able to get Emacs to crash twice in the last few
> minutes by repeatedly pressing C-c C-e p in an org buffer to get it to
> re-export as a LaTeX file and export to PDF (where it should then
> automatically be displayed in an already open instance of Skim). This
> works usually, but sometimes, instead, Skim disappears from view, and
> then Emacs crashes, either vanishing completely or showing me an
> infinite rotating ball.

Hi Richard,

Glenn Morris just pointed out another bug report with similar
circumstances to yours:

 http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=11257

The reporter of that bug experienced crashes with an Emacs precompiled
on Mac OS 10.6.8, running on 10.7.3.  After compiling himself, the
crashes went away.

So it's possible that there's some binary incompatibility between the
two Mac OS versions, or that whoever's making the precompiled version is
screwing up.  So could you try compiling Emacs yourself and seeing if
the problem goes away?

Thanks.