Subject: bug#11379: emacs 24; compilation fails in debug mode

From: Dov Grobgeld <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 20:41:46 +0300

Chucking out git head (git commit e3e392d from git://repo.or.cz/emacs.git)
and doing a debug build as described below
fails. The compilation looks for the non-existing file "chkmalloc.h".

Here are the steps that I performed:

  ./autogen.sh
  ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/public-dev/ CPPFLAGS=-DDEBUG CFLAGS="-g
-O0"
  make

which fails as follows:

gcc -std=gnu99     -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../src -I../lib
-I/space/pub-repos/emacs.git/lib-src
-I/space/pub-repos/emacs.git/lib-src/../src
-I/space/pub-repos/emacs.git/lib-src/../lib  -Wl,-znocombreloc  -DDEBUG -g
-O0 -DEMACS_NAME="\"GNU Emacs\"" \
  -DVERSION="\"24.1.50\"" /space/pub-repos/emacs.git/lib-src/etags.c \
  regex.o ../lib/libgnu.a  -o etags
/space/pub-repos/emacs.git/lib-src/etags.c:233:24: fatal error:
chkmalloc.h: No such file or directory

System is: Linux grower 3.3.2-6.fc16.i686 #1 SMP Sat Apr 21 13:23:12 UTC
2012 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Regards,
Dov