Subject: bug#11367: 24.0.95.1 Crash: Windows 7 using egg

From: Michael Kleehammer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 09:55:42 -0500

First, thanks for the helpful response.  Also, I hope the mailing
recognizes the subject line
and isn't looking for the reply header.  I apologize in advance if
this opens a new report.

> Post here the backtrace.  Keep the crashed session running, because
> we might ask you to find out more by using additional GDB commands.

(gdb) bt
#0  0x759c280d in KERNELBASE!DeleteAce () from
C:\Windows\syswow64\KernelBase.dll
#1  0x0114f32a in w32_abort () at w32fns.c:7210
#2  0x011d6e49 in pos_visible_p (w=0x3600800, charpos=462, x=0x88e2f8,
y=0x88e2f4, rtop=0x88e308, rbot=0x88e304, rowh=0x88e300,
vpos=0x88e2fc) at xdisp.c:1460
#3  0x011bbc90 in Fpos_visible_in_window_p (pos=54736922,
window=56625157, partially=54736946) at window.c:1457
#4  0x010226e3 in Fposn_at_point (pos=54736922, window=56625157) at
keyboard.c:11373
#5  0x01036ce9 in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x88e444) at eval.c:3005
#6  0x010dec82 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=57709329, vector=57737349,
maxdepth=20, args_template=54736922, nargs=0, args=0x0) at
bytecode.c:785
#7  0x01037b9c in funcall_lambda (fun=56330469, nargs=0,
arg_vector=0x343381a) at eval.c:3233
#8  0x01037082 in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x88e740) at eval.c:3051
#9  0x010dec82 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=57708833, vector=59670533,
maxdepth=16, args_template=54736922, nargs=0, args=0x0) at
bytecode.c:785
#10 0x01037b9c in funcall_lambda (fun=56329733, nargs=1,
arg_vector=0x343381a) at eval.c:3233
#11 0x01037082 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x88ea30) at eval.c:3051
#12 0x010dec82 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=57709569, vector=59674373,
maxdepth=12, args_template=54736922, nargs=0, args=0x0) at
bytecode.c:785
#13 0x01037b9c in funcall_lambda (fun=56348229, nargs=0,
arg_vector=0x343381a) at eval.c:3233
#14 0x01037082 in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x88ee34) at eval.c:3051
#15 0x0103543b in Fapply (nargs=2, args=0x88ee34) at eval.c:2450
#16 0x01036a00 in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=0x88ee30) at eval.c:2984
#17 0x010dec82 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=20761657, vector=20761709,
maxdepth=16, args_template=54736922, nargs=0, args=0x0) at
bytecode.c:785
#18 0x010de220 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=20761657, vector=20761709,
maxdepth=16) at bytecode.c:423
#19 0x01034ebc in eval_sub (form=20761646) at eval.c:2356
#20 0x01032b6d in internal_lisp_condition_case (var=54736922,
bodyform=20761646, handlers=20011046) at eval.c:1469
#21 0x010df6a7 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=20761401, vector=20761533,
maxdepth=20, args_template=54736922, nargs=0, args=0x0) at
bytecode.c:981
#22 0x01037b9c in funcall_lambda (fun=20761373, nargs=1,
arg_vector=0x343381a) at eval.c:3233
#23 0x01037082 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x88f4f8) at eval.c:3051
#24 0x010361f9 in call1 (fn=54782218, arg1=59674309) at eval.c:2771
#25 0x0100e1de in timer_check_2 () at keyboard.c:4465
#26 0x0100e24f in timer_check () at keyboard.c:4511
#27 0x0100bfba in readable_events (flags=1) at keyboard.c:3392
#28 0x01014a63 in get_input_pending (addr=0x1653000, flags=1) at keyboard.c:6741
#29 0x0102042f in detect_input_pending_run_timers (do_display=1) at
keyboard.c:10508
#30 0x0104ba3c in wait_reading_process_output (time_limit=30,
microsecs=0, read_kbd=-1, do_display=1, wait_for_cell=54736922,
wait_proc=0x0, just_wait_proc=0)
    at process.c:4733
#31 0x010f8b12 in sit_for (timeout=120, reading=1, do_display=1) at
dispnew.c:6063
#32 0x0100924d in read_char (commandflag=1, nmaps=6, maps=0x88f970,
prev_event=54736922, used_mouse_menu=0x88fa58, end_time=0x0) at
keyboard.c:2692
#33 0x0101c26d in read_key_sequence (keybuf=0x88fbd4, bufsize=30,
prompt=54736922, dont_downcase_last=0, can_return_switch_frame=1,
fix_current_buffer=1)
    at keyboard.c:9328
#34 0x01005c93 in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1449
#35 0x01032c4f in internal_condition_case (bfun=0x100569b
<command_loop_1>, handlers=54794698, hfun=0x1004eba <cmd_error>) at
eval.c:1515
#36 0x010052f7 in command_loop_2 (ignore=54736922) at keyboard.c:1160
#37 0x01032672 in internal_catch (tag=54792698, func=0x10052d3
<command_loop_2>, arg=54736922) at eval.c:1272
#38 0x010052b3 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1139
#39 0x0100488f in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:759
#40 0x01004baa in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:823
#41 0x010028b5 in main (argc=1, argv=0x8e2d98) at emacs.c:1715
(gdb)

> Is it a crash or an abort?  In the latter case, Emacs displays an
> "Emacs Abort Dialog", telling that a fatal error has occurred and
> asking you whether you'd like to attach a debugger.

As you already know from the backtrace, it is an abort.  I've left it
open but it is easy to
reproduce if necessary.

> Also, is the above reproducible from "emacs -Q"?

Yes.

Michael Kleehammer