Subject: Re: bug#11365: 24.1.50; quitting gdb does not restore window configuration

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2012 01:40:09 -0400

> * martin rudalics <[email-masked]> [2012-05-05 11:42:08 +0200]:
>
> !   (remove-hook 'after-save-hook 'gdb-create-define-alist t)
> !   ;; Quit window of any *gud- buffer.
> !   (when (string-match "\\*gud-" (buffer-name (window-buffer)))
> !     (quit-window)))

quit-window is not a solution, because it often kills the window.
I live in a maximized emacs frame which is split vertically in to two
columns, and an indiscriminate use of quit-window quickly destroys that.

In fact, I would like a feature which would make these two side-by-side
windows indestructible (i.e., prevent them from being destroyed other
than by an explicit interactive C-x 0).  I guess I can set their
delete-window parameters to ignore but then

-1- C-x 0 will NOT delete them while

-2- any application which binds ignore-window-parameters to t will
    delete them.

but I digress...

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on Ubuntu 11.10 (oneiric) X 11.0.11103000
http://www.childpsy.net/ http://americancensorship.org http://memri.org
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/tap12009/ http://thereligionofpeace.com
I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...