Subject: Re: bug#11365: 24.1.50; quitting gdb does not restore window configuration

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 18:54:52 +0300

> Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 10:09:01 +0200
> From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
>  >> Which command does "quit" run - `gdb-delete-frame-or-window'?
>  >
>  > dunno. the code indicates that, but the function seems too simple to
>  > remove all those subordinate windows and buffers.
> 
> So you have to check your key bindings ;-)

No, he doesn't.  The function to look at is gdb-reset.
(gdb-delete-frame-or-window is just what causes GDB to quit, but when
it actually does, the comint process sentinel kicks in and calls
gdb-reset.)  But for gdb-reset to do what Sam wants, gdb-setup-windows
should record the configuration of windows before it sets up the GDB
windows, otherwise we will have no information about the previous
window configuration.