Subject: 24.1.50; Emacs manual index entries `Mouse-[12] (selection)' etc.

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 07:28:49 -0700

You are an Emacs user trying to find, in the Emacs manual, information
about selecting text with the mouse.  You type `i mouse TAB' and see
these entries, among others:
 
Mouse-1 (selection)
Mouse-2 (selection)
 
Both of those take you to a node that has nothing to do with selecting
text using the mouse.
 
In addition, it's not at all clear that any of the other completion
choices will help with your quest.  But surely the info is there
somewhere...  This is a text editor, after all.

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-04-23 on MARVIN
Bzr revision: 108006
[email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.13.1-1-dev/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8/include/libxml2'