Subject: 24.1.50; doc string of `yank-pop-change-selection'

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 07:18:24 -0700

This is the entire doc string:
 
"If non-nil, rotating the kill ring changes the window system
selection."
 
That is worthless, to use a polite word.  What on earth does "changes
the window system selection"?  What is "the window system selection"?
How is it changed by setting this to non-nil?  What do nil and non-nil
actually do?  What does rotating the kill ring do to "the window system
selection" in each case?
 
Emacs users deserve better.  See the Emacs manual, node Clipboard (presumably)
for inspiration.

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-04-23 on MARVIN
Bzr revision: 108006
[email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.13.1-1-dev/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8/include/libxml2'