Subject: bug#11360: Case sensitive ERC nick completion regression

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2016 17:45:36 +1100

Barry Warsaw <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Dec 27, 2015, at 10:26 PM, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
>
>>When I try to do nick completion in erc now, it seems like it's case
>>sensitive again, so I think it probably worked.  And I'm closing this
>>report.
>
> Sorry, I don't understand.  I want case-insensitive completion of nicks.

Sorry; I misread your message.

I've now been following the completion code down the rabbit hole, and
via approx. 23 indirections, the completion is actually done by
`try-completions'.  And that respects the `completion-ignore-case'
variable.

However, TAB is bound to `completion-at-point', which does not allow any
way to have that variable be bound.  So I think we'll just have to bind
TAB to an erc function that binds that variable, and then call
`completion-at-point'.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no