Subject: Re: bug#11355: Also affected by this Bug

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2013 17:45:51 -0400

> I am also affected by this bug.
> I wonder if it could be related to the window manager or input device
> people are using. I cannot reporduce this bug on my desktop machine
> (running KDE 4.6), but my Lenove Laptop with Synaptics Touchpad and
> running KDE 4.10 shows this bug.

Are the two Emacs binaries identical (same version, same tookit, ...)?

In the past this has been a problem linked to the toolkit in use
(e.g. Gtk vs lucid).  Usually the problem goes as follows:
- the down-mouse-2 even causes Emacs to call the toolkit to pop up the menu.
- the up-mouse-2 even should be eaten by the toolkit, but for some
  reason isn't.
- when the toolkit returns, the up-mouse-2 event is then handled by
  Emacs in the usual way.
- To prevent this "left over" up-mouse-2 event from causing a `yank',
  flyspell adds a binding from mouse-2 to `undefined' on the
  highlighted words.  But I guess after selecting an entry in the menu,
  the "word button" is removed, so this binding is not in effect any
  more when we return from the menu.
  
Can you reproduce it with "emacs -Q" (and does the same recipe lead to
different result on the other machine).

        Stefan