Subject: automake-1.12 - one test fails (due to truncated timestamp)

From: Peter Breitenlohner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 10:26:10 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I just fetched automake-1.12, built it on our no-distro x86-linux-gnu
system

   uname -r: 2.6.28.6-x86_64 (most binaries are 32-bit)
   /lib/libc-2.3.6.so
   /lib64/libc-2.3.6.so

and got one test suite failure.

   FAIL: t/self-check-is_newest.tap 19 - is_newest u x

It seems that 'touch -r x u' (on jfs) has truncated the timestamp, but I
have also seen timestamps rounded upwards to the next second (I think).

Therefore I would suggest to replace
   touch -r x u
in self-check-is_newest.tap by
   touch -r x x; touch -r x u
such that x's time first gets rounded (up or down) to the next second and
then transferred to u.

Regards
Peter Breitenlohner <[email-masked]>