Subject: bug#11327: 24.1.50; doc of `dired-do-create-files' refers user to undocumented var/fn

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 10:10:13 -0700

The doc string says:
 
... "The way the default for the target directory is computed depends on
the value of `dired-dwim-target-directory'."
 
There is no variable with that name.  And a function does not have a
"value".
 
Anyway, let's assume you mean the value returned by the function
`dired-dwim-target-directory'.  So we look that up, using `C-h f'.  What
do we see?  Nothing.  No doc string.
 
This kind of help is no help at all.  This is a no-no.  You cannot send
someone looking for help where there is no help to be found.

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-04-23 on MARVIN
Bzr revision: 108006
[email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.13.1-1-dev/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8/include/libxml2'