Subject: Re: bug#11319: [PATCH 1/2] BUGFIX: select current-diff-comparison regions for ediff-inferior-compare-regions correctly

From: Michael Kifer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 23:46:17 -0500

On 12/14/2012 12:17 PM, Dave Abrahams wrote:

on Fri Dec 14 2012, Stefan Monnier <monnier-AT-iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

Version: 24.4

The buffer types passed to
ediff-clone-buffer-for-current-diff-comparison are used to select the
character ranges that participate in the inferior comparison. Those
were being hardcoded as 'A and 'B, which was wrong.

Thank you, it looks OK, so I installed it in trunk,

Stefan

Fantastic! Now what about #11320, which depends on this one? It takes
a feature from being completely useless and confusing to being
wonderful. I'd love to be able to throw away my override of that file.

I think it is a good patch. One question: shouldn't the message
"Which buffer to compare to the merge buffer (A or B)? ")
be then changed to this?
"Which buffer to compare to the ancestor buffer (A or B)? ")

This is not part of the  #11320 patch.

--

--- michael