Subject: coreutils 8.16: du

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 17:09:23 +0200

Hello all,

I've seen a problem with the /usr/local/coreutils/bin/du command (coreutils 8.16) on our HP-UX 11.31 Itanium 2.

-          For local volumes it shows the same size as /usr/bin/du

-          For volumes mounted from Oracle-Solaris NFS servers it also shows the same size as /usr/bin/du

-          But for volumes NFS-mounted from HP-UX 11.31 NFS-Servers it shows only half the size of /usr/bin/du,
where /usr/bin/du is correct.

# cd /some/HP-UX/NFS/volume

# /usr/local/coreutils/bin/du  -sk .

1990683 .

# /usr/bin/du -sk .

3980468 .

#

Has this already been reported?

The installed NFS-Version on HP-UX NFS-server and -client is:

# swlist -l product | grep -i nfs

  NFS                   B.11.31.12     ONC/NFS; Network-File System,Information Services,Utilities

regards

Andreas Quitzow

Servermanagement UNIX

HAM AB/M-IH

Lufthansa Systems AG

Weg beim Jäger 193

D-22335 Hamburg

Phone: +49 (0) 40 5070 8496

Fax: +49 (0) 40 5070 63535

E-Mail: mailto:[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 

Internet: http://www.lhsystems.com <http://www.lhsystems.com/> 

Sitz der Gesellschaft / Corporate Headquarters: Lufthansa Systems Aktiengesellschaft, Kelsterbach, Registereintragung / Registration: Amtsgericht Darmstadt 84307
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats / Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Stephan Gemkow
Vorstand / Executive Board: Stefan Hansen (Vorsitzender / Chairman), Dr. Gunter Kuechler