Subject: Re: bug#11315: 24.1.50; Emacs 24 Hangs [Related to gnutls and lisp_data_to_selection_data]

From: [email-masked] (Emilio Jesús Gallego Arias)
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 17:46:26 +0200

Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> writes:

> [email-masked] (Emilio Jesús Gallego Arias) writes:
>
>> should I got back to 24.0.96?
>
> Yes, please.  24.1.50 is the trunk, which contains a large number of
> changes that are not relevant to the 24.1 release.

Just for the record, I never experienced the bug in 24.0.96, in my
original report I was using trunk.

I don't see the point on using a version I've never used, but I have no
problem doing that.

>> I already rebuilt emacs without optimizations and awaiting for the
>> hang.
>
> Any word?

I've been using an unoptimized build of trunk and so far the bug didn't
appear again. Given that the bug occurred like once a week, I'll wait
some more days before closing the bug.

Thanks,
Emilio